A true "one stop shop" for patent protection and enforcement, Olswang is the only truly full service, cross-border IP team in Europe, with solicitors and patent attorneys in both London and at the headquarters of the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich. Our patent attorneys are able to handle all technical subject matter.
- We have specialists in mobile, wireless and optical communications, software engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and diagnostics.
- The vast majority of our attorneys have worked in-house in the industries in which they specialise.
- The patent attorney team forms an integral part of Olswang's "sector based" approach to legal services.
We offer a full range of patent attorney services, which include:
- Drafting and prosecution of EP and UK patent applications;
- SPC applications and strategic counselling;
- EPO oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office;
- Freedom to operate and validity opinions;
- Patent due diligence, analysis of patent portfolios, advice on the strategic management and optimisation of existing portfolios; and
- Registered and unregistered design protection.
A combined patent attorney and solicitor practice provides unique advantages:
- One firm, one team for all your IP matters: reduced management and cost of outside counsel;
- Clear demarcation of outside counsel responsibility: no gaps between lawyers and patent attorney firms;
- Patent attorneys working with litigators to produce "litigation ready" patents; litigators with an expert understanding of UK, IPO and EPO practice;
- Up to date legal precedents for the management and transfer of IP; and
- Reduced time in transaction management: talking off the clock, co-operation not competition between patent attorneys and solicitors.