Thailand, the "Land of Smiles", is the second largest consumption market in Southeast Asia. It has made remarkable progress in social and economic development in the recent decades. Thailand's industrial sector comprising of mining and construction contributes to more than 40% of its GDP whilst a growing services sector is contributing to close to 45% of its GDP. Other key contributors to its economy include agriculture, automobiles, electronics and consumer goods and services.
The Thai economy faces headwinds with intermittent political unrest. Whilst recent growth has been modest, 2.8% in 2015 and a 3-year high of 3.2% in the first quarter of this year, falling exports, a significant pillar of the economy, is expected to temper growth. Opportunities for greater growth include expanding trade through enhanced integration with the region through the ASEAN Economic Community.
We are have undertaken the following recent transactions:
- Acted for a UK-headquartered TV network in respect of claims against an affiliate and issues arising out of broadcast affiliate agreements for a carrier in Thailand.
- Acted for a global entertainment company in respect of claims against an affiliate and issues arising out of broadcast affiliate agreements for a carrier in Thailand.
- Acted for the agents of licensed channel operators, in respect of disputes arising out of broadcast affiliate agreements for carriers in Thailand.
- Advised one of the world's largest technology providers on the regulation of cloud services in Thailand.
- Advised a US TV studios business on a major television production shoot in Thailand.
- Advised Dentsu Aegis Network, a multinational media and digital marketing communications company, on its acquisition of Flexmedia, a leading digital advertising agency in Thailand.
- Advised a global telecoms business on the rollout of new products/services.